Monday 7 March 2011

TASK 1 /5 photographs ...5 different objects ...5 different locations/

Due to long break we was set up to do some homework, what can show our skills and talents  to operate a camera so far...I have to say that was a challenge, for me anyway.
We had to shoot 5 photographs of 5 different objects or items in 5 different locations. ...and also some person must be somewhere in the image.
First I try to manage without anyone's help and took some pictures of myself....that was bad idea...even if I set the camera on time release, I can see where camera make the main focus and I spend all day taking photographs which was deleted afterwards. So I had to think other options and I ask some of my friends to help.

I didn't have a problems to find  locations, also what to photograph, more headache I had to done it right... I be honest I am not  very pleased with results, it` s hard to say why, but I really tried my best.


Final crop 8” x 8” square / 300 dpi / Photoshop/



/hand with a glass/

Camera Mode:     Manual
Shutter Speed:   1/60
Aperture:    F 5
ISO:   100
Lens Length:  18mm
White Balance:  Auto
Meter Setting:  Center Weighted Average
Object distance:  350mm
Light:   Daylight only



/mayfair/

Camera Mode:     Manual
Shutter Speed:   1/100
Aperture:    F 5.6
ISO:   100
Lens Length:  52mm
White Balance:  Auto
Meter Setting:  Pattern
Object distance:  530mm
Light:   Daylight only


 /handbag/

Camera Mode:     Manual
Shutter Speed:   1/60
Aperture:    F 4.2
ISO:   100
Lens Length:  26mm
White Balance:  Auto
Meter Setting:  Pattern
Object distance:  940mm
Light:   Daylight only

/empty cup/

Camera Mode:     Manual
Shutter Speed:   1/8
Aperture:    F 3.5
ISO:   100
Lens Length:  18mm
White Balance:  Auto
Meter Setting:  Center Weighted Average
Object distance:  330mm
Light:   Daylight /regular indoor light

/reading/

Camera Mode:     Manual
Shutter Speed:   1/1.3
Aperture:    F 14
ISO:   100
Lens Length:  26mm
White Balance:  Auto
Meter Setting:  Pattern
Light:   Daylight only

Tehnically I had to show Manual control of my camera, which I think wasn't the best task to do so. I used a lowest Aperture to blur the background and placing main focus on the subject. Also for each photograph I had to use a different ISO setting, which I didn't, because I always prefer to work in highest ISO possible in order not to loose a image quality, and I didn't change White Balance, which I probably could do, but well now is too late.

Like i said I am not happy about my images, something is missing, satisfaction maybe?!! 

Last one is probably my favorite....that is one of those when I tried to capture myself, like you see the main camera focus  goes wherever it wants.... in this one it is on me, but I was hopping for  a book :)....but I liked anyway. To make this image more impact I used Photo Shop tools and some filters so below you can see result.

I just hope the next tasks will be more productive for me than this one.

 


5 comments:

  1. Hi
    It is an assignment which can catch people out as it appears easy but isnt. And it shows me if any weak areas exist that I can help with.
    Once you have shown good technical and manual control is then shows me your creative eye and how you see the world. And it is interesting that you have chosen to photograph objects that are very close to you and may have a personal meaning to you. What I mean is a lovely portrait of yourself, but what are you reading and why for example, a deeper meaning can be found in every image.

    Steve

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi
    Also can you read the tutor site as it will guide and inform you as to the best way to approach this course and how to get the most value out of it.
    The labels you attach to your work based on criteria are vital to success and must be done at all times. This self tracking with allow you know exactly where you are every week and what areas to target and which are your weak and strong areas.

    Ask me to help you get your RSS feed link set up so that you can see all the lastest info as it comes out and you can refer to this site easily.

    Steve

    ReplyDelete
  3. I reeding my favorite book, well I know it by heart by now....I just pretend to reed, wasnt turned out how I was expected...

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi
    I am a fan of colour, but I really like the image of you...the black and white version with just a hint of colour in your hair, it looks really good and professionally done to me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanky Nessy...I like that as well even if I not considering myself as a professional...

    ReplyDelete