Wednesday 23 March 2011

I feel Spring (II)....

Yesterday as weather improved I decided to go out to practise some close up photography for one of my assignment themes…I took my camera- Tamron SP 70-300mm lens and tripod, and after taking my children to school I went to the local park searching for flower blossom. It took me about 4h, to get some descant images, which, maybe, some of them can be used after for final…As sun was probably too bright, light wasn’t as good as it should be, and I have to do my best to not overexpose the images. Using Auto White balance I try to avoid disappointments, because sometimes the right WB can be wrong for the image I had in mind. Set up lens on Macro mode I begin my journey into a spring….

Yellow
 
Camera Mode:   Manual 
Shutter Speed:   1/320sec
Aperture:           F5.6
ISO:                   100
Lens Length:      300mm
White Balance:   Auto
Meter Setting:    Center weighted Average
Light:                 Daylight only

Daffodils, I have great pleasure to take images of these flowers, and I have a lots of options to do so…now in beginning of the spring there are everywhere, especially if you come down to Shobnal fields…
I spend lots of time taking the shoots of surrounding me daffodils to get this….in my opinion not bad image. Focusing on one side of first daffodil I let others out of focus and wide aperture to blur the background. I always intent to do so - to concentrate attention of one main subject.

Camera Mode:   Manual 
Shutter Speed:   1/200sec
Aperture:           F11
ISO:                   100
Lens Length:      300mm
White Balance:   Auto
Meter Setting:    Center weighted Average
Light:                 Daylight only

I really don’t know what that flower is, but for that colour and shape he deserved my attention and once again probably I am braking all rules of perfect composition, but capture it in that way suit me the best leaving background out of focus and flower part one side of the image.



Camera Mode:   Manual 
Shutter Speed:   1/160sec
Aperture:           F13
ISO:                   100
Lens Length:      300mm
White Balance:   Auto
Meter Setting:    Spot
LightDaylight only

I like how blue and yellow looks together in this image….I found this bush on my way back from park and I wanted to get closer and get some small detail from all of that…placing my tripod under a bush I raise my camera up to get this shoot…also I increase a aperture to get all main flowers into focus.



Violet

Camera Mode:   Manual 
Shutter Speed:   1/60sec
Aperture:           F11
ISO:                   100
Lens Length:      300mm
White Balance:   Auto
Meter Setting:    Center weighted Average
LightDaylight only
 
I choose to underexpose the image in order to get dark background and make small dot flowers stand out more.
 
 
Camera Mode:   Manual 
Shutter Speed:   1/125sec
Aperture:           F9
ISO:                   100
Lens Length:      300mm
White Balance:   Auto
Meter Setting:    Center weighted Average
LightDaylight only

In this photograph I use same principle as on daffodils, pleasing my main focus aside of the scene to let everything else blur creating soft filter effects. To make more impact I spray the flowers with water which I bring along just in case.

Blossom

Camera Mode:   Manual  
Shutter Speed:   1/160sec
Aperture:           F10
ISO:                   100
Lens Length:      300mm
White Balance:   Auto
Meter Setting:    Spot
LightDaylight only



Camera Mode:   Manual 
Shutter Speed:   1/160sec
Aperture:           F9
ISO:                   100
Lens Length:      300mm
White Balance:   Auto
Meter Setting:    Pattern
LightDaylight only

Both images were taken of same bush, but in different angles, main focus on flowers completely blurred other details on the back of the scene and I liked how it turned out.

Camera Mode:   Manual 
Shutter Speed:   1/200sec
Aperture:           F10

ISO:                   100
Lens Length:      300mm
White Balance:   Auto
Meter Setting:    Center weighted Average
Light:                 Daylight only

This picture is very similar to those who I usually use for my desktop background that’s way I wanted to make one of my own…as I no claim on trees distance that image was taken is a bit longer than ones above…shutter speed is increased as I tried not to lose sharpness during a small wind.

I really enjoy myself making this shoots …it is such a good feeling when you do something what lets you forget all the rest around you….people was passing bay me but I be honest I barely notice them, crawling, standing, rising, next to my tripod.

It was a great experience and I`ll be soon doing it again, Next week I have in mind to find some magnolia tree….

As a conclusion I insert one of the my photographs taken same day….it is nothing to do with close up photography, but once again pay tribute to my favourites – trees…



Camera Mode:   Manual 
Shutter Speed:    1/250sec
Aperture:      F9
ISO:       100
Lens Length:      300mm
White Balance:   Auto
Meter Setting:    Pattern
Light:       Daylight only

5 comments:

  1. Hi Kristine, Some really lovely images here. I love the daffodils in a line and the blossem ones are really good.

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Kristine,

    The blossom pictures are great! The selective focus you've used for the second one from the end really works well I think.

    I came across this today and thought it might provide a bit of inspiration:

    http://www.photoradar.com/news/story/spring-photo-gallery-26-creative-flower-pictures

    See you later. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kristine

    Your images are beautiful. I love the daffodils - I think it's the way they are lined up and the narrow depth of field. All of the images are so colourful - they've made me want to go out and get some daffodil shots.
    Stacey

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for a web site…very nice pictures is there…and thanks for lovely comments you two…

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi I love the daffodils in a line looking like focus starts at the forefront right one, then goes back through the line to end in blur background. Im also like the way you've captured rain drops on those lovely lilac flowers, again with the focus going back.

    ReplyDelete