Thursday 16 June 2011

Presenting Photo Images ( Assignment 211 part III)

 ...for assignment 206-2....


The journeys end for any photographer is the final print. Sometimes that journey is short and sweet, but often it’s a long and winding road that we must travel to reach our destination…and we don’t always know how it’s all will turns out in the end.

Already in previous posts I mentioned about my bad experience last year, when I spend so much time and effort to make my final images and come across with difficulties to present them in appropriate quality. First I choose to order my prints in Boots online photo kiosk…they come back to me in poor quality and not the right size…then I gone for DS Colour Labs service….I didn’t even receive my prints…I was so devastated that I end up printing all my work at college on one A3 sheet…


However despite my bad luck this year once again I choose DS colour labs for my final landscape prints….last year this photo printing provider was recommended to me by one of my college mates. I didn’t even get a chance to see haw the quality is, but no matter what I am risking again…and for some reasons….
 
First of all it’s easy to set up, upload and order….you doesn’t have to download special software to do so, as I did before creating my book from Jessops.



Second, but not least it quite cheap…and these days, when everything comes with astronomical price tag this is very important….for me anyway….



Of course, still I don’t know what a quality prints it will be, but like I sad before, I had to try to explore that area to find the best one for my future photographs…even if it will take me a while….

More important, what probably make me to try again with DS colour labs is that I have some more options to choose a paper type, because most of average photo labs offer you standard glossy, which not always suits your needs….

Below I listed all what you can get for your many:
  • Next Day service for orders received before 1pm. (Large orders allow 48 hours lab time)
  • Glossy, lustre or Pearl finish
  • Full range of  Print sizes from 5 x 3.5 - 52x40
  • Royal mail/Courier delivery options
  • New 1 Hour Time slot for Courier service via email.
  • Fuji pro paper for quality digital prints
  • Collect from store option
  • Technical staff at the end of the phone
  • All Prices Include VAT
So all what I can do now is wait and hoping that everything will be alright, nothing will goes wrong and I`ll be satisfied with a quality….
  
___________________________________

While I am waiting for my final prints I would like you to take  a look on some other printing service -The Print Space,  what so far is one of my favourites...even I haven't ordered from them any image yet....but instead I received they sample pack with 10 paper examples - what they can offer and I have to say, its stands out behind my wildest dreams....
 
The paper and print quality is outstanding and is wort to pay for sample pack just to see how it can be produced with maximum quality .... 
Every paper suits to appropriate photography style and depends on you which you will choose...  

In my opinion its great place where to order you portfolio images. But be prepared to pay for it, as quality, choice and style doesn't come cheep....
I am considering to order some of my final prints just to see how it will look like and probably afterword’s leaving them for my portfolio, what I intend to make over a summer holidays.


Apart from that you have choice of frames and mounts what you can order together with your work.

 
 




As you can see you have a lot of options and a lot of choice, but you had to pay a price, what is far from a little!

Reviews of digital photo printing services are increasingly rare, and few sources have been updated in the last year. So in order to find one what’s suits you – you have to research more and try each one to know what you get for your money. 

Wishing everyone good luck with a final prints….


No comments:

Post a Comment